1. What are cookies?
Cookies are little text files, which are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or mobile device when you visit a webpage or application. Cookies work to make your experience browsing our site as smooth as possible and they remember your preferences so you don’t have to insert your details again and again.
There are different types of cookies. Some cookies come directly from our website and others come from third parties which place cookies on our site.
Cookies can be stored for varying lengths of time on your browser or device. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your web-browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date.
We are 4 varieties of cookies which operate on our website:
1. The essentials Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. Without these cookies, some parts of our site just won’t work as they should.
2. The customizers These cookies (also called functional cookies) allow our site to remember your preferences, helping you to customize your experience on our site. That way we can remember you when you return to our site.
3. The performance improvers These cookies tell us about how you use the site and they help us to make it better. For example these cookies count the number of visitors to our website and see how visitors move around when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
4. The targeters These cookies (also called advertising cookies) are used to deliver advertised content, which is relevant to you, and they can be used to track the effectiveness of our ad campaigns on third party websites. These cookies are placed on our site by our third party service providers and they may remember your web browsing activity and may be used to understand about your demographics, such as age and gender. Only anonymised information is captured and used and the purpose is to provide you with content which is relevant to you.
- Recognizing when you log in and any preferred settings.
- Giving you a browsing experience that is unique to you and to serve you content which we believe improves your site experience.
- Analyzing how your use our site which helps us to troubleshoot any problems and to monitor our own performance.
3. What type of cookies do we use?
We use two analytics packages in order to constantly improve your browsing experience on our websites.
Facebook is an advertiser cookie and a performance improver cookie. It allows us to place advertising content onto Facebook which is relevant to you based on the information which your web browsing patterns allow Facebook to infer. This information is never connected to your profile and it is always anonymous. You can read more and change your preferences on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
You can control and opt-out of Facebook adverts and other third party cookies here:
4. How do you change cookie preferences or block cookies?
Within your browser you can choose whether you wish to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete cookies at all times, or those from providers that website owners use i.e. third party cookies, or those from specific websites. Each browser’s website should contain instructions on how you can do this.
For further information please refer to: www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you block cookies on our website, you may be unable to access certain areas of our website and certain functions and pages will not work in the usual way.
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we make significant changes we will let you know but please regularly check this Policy to ensure you are aware of the most updated version.